pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Monday, June 2, 2008

Last Night Was MTV's Summer Promotion Junket...


If anyone is still convincing themselves that the MTV Movie Awards are a real award show please stop. MTV doesn't even try to cover up the fact that the show is really an auction to the highest corporate bidder for summer movie/ music/ entertainment promotion. Hell, even the host Mike Meyers and Chris Brown bantered back and forth last night about it. How post modern of MTV. I really didn't watch the show too closely but there were some notable things that I that caught my attention. First, is Megan Fox really that banging? Is it just me, or are people under estimating her hotness and not giving her the attention she deserves? Second, does Coldplay really need confetti? There music is expansive and uplifting, but the excessive use of confetti began to irritate me. Third, the awkward pot smoking Pineapple Express promotion has proved to be somewhat of a mistake for MTV. Lastly, Fifth, the Adam Sandler tribute was the best part of the show. I just like how every presenter at the show had a movie coming out this summer. And I thought they were there for the Pussy Cat Dolls performance. Other than that, another MTV Movie Awards has come and gone disappointing many and that's about all I have to say on that. Oh yeah, and I guess there is this movie called the Love Guru coming out staring Mike Meyers. I haven't heard much about it, but keep an eye out for it.

No comments: