pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Police are Good at Serving and Protecting...


I am 27 years old and can honestly say that I have never been in position were I have been directly helped by the police. No saving the day or protecting me from a criminal. Nope, I have only been made to feel stupid, been bothered, been harassed, or given a ticket for something unnecessary. I think that most people would agree with me too. That's why this story of a girl basically being killed by police negligence is so troublesome. 20/20 featured a story about a girl picked up for a minor marijuana charged, but given a break to cooperate with the police. The police said that they would help her out if she went under cover on a drug bust completely unconnected to the charge she was arrested for. Well, do to the unmeasurable brilliance of the police, the girl was kidnapped by her would be Ecstasy dealers, "misplaced" by the police, then murdered. Tallahassee's finest. (Florida...yet again making bizarre headlines). Needless to say the police or being sued for wrongful death. Their response is that they did nothing wrong. I am sure that shit like this happens everyday in America. I can only imagine the disasters that occur with minority victims. Remember always be nice to the D and E students in school because they are the ones that become cops.

No comments: