pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brooke Hogan Doesn't Know Best...


I used that picture above of Brooke Hogan just because I think it looks funny. Nick Hogan/ Bollea wrapped his Dodge Viper around a palm tree leaving his passenger a vegetable for life. He was sentenced to serve eight months in jail, a probationary period of five years and 500 hours of community service. He must also surrender his driving privileges for three years and complete a DUI school within one year of his release from prison. Hogan was previously cited numerous times for driving 100+ mph and decided that drag racing on a city street after drinking alcohol and during a Florida rain storm was a good idea. You can see this kid makes great decisions. He crashed of course and nearly killed his friend who was riding with him leaving him in a near comotose state for the rest of his life. Well, Brooke Hogan wants you to know that Nick is the victim. You see this celebrity world screws everything up and makes it seem like drag racing after you drank makes you responsible for the disaster that occurs. Man, I've been duped this whole time. Brook wrote on her Myspace page:
"Monday, May 12, 2008

BS
Current mood: pissed off
Category: Life

I know most of the public thinks my brother is some rich little selfish kid, but NO ONE knows the real story and I’m really pissed that the truth didn’t come out from either side. A LOT of lies were told in that trial. Believe me. And it wasn’t from us. John was NEVER home. He was at our house. ALL THE TIME. that should say enough…. Im not going to be out spoken right now, but If some s*** doesn’t start getting straightened out, A lot of people are going to eat their words for lieing. I know all of the truth and I have back up. I never know how twisted this world could be but I’m starting to figure it out. And I’m gonna have to jump off my high road and tackle some ppl who are taking the low road. I know you guys don’t understand, but you will really really soon. Keep praying. And by the way, before you judge anybody, make sure you really know them. I promise you if you were to meet my brother he would give you the shirt off his back. He’s not "NICK HOGAN." AND hes not the person he plays on tv. People are so gullible now a days…"

I like how Brooke took one out of her fathers book. I could just picture her saying that as a wrestling promo in Hulk Hogan's tone in between matches on Monday Night Raw. I can just see the animated hand gestures and bodily movements describing tackle and jump in her speech. Brooke's right we don't know all the facts. I do understand that this dude was present during this drag race, but he was probably pleading with Nick to slow down, desperately trying to get out of the car while Hogan had a demonic look in his eyes flooring the car, and pushing it over 120 mph. She just needs to shut up, go away, and take her shitty pop career with her because that response made about no sense. The kid was at your house all the time. OK that makes the wreck less Nicks fault? They were good friends I understand that. Your brother still drag raced and your mother still is on record explaining the virtues of street racing. Your stupid that's the truth your talking about, and you do have the facts to back it up. That whole Hogan show is stupid too. It was a waste of space on VH1. They could have had another celebrity magic show or a celebrity grocery shopping show in its place. If they really wanted to entertain people they should have given the grandma her own show. She was the true star of the show. She always told Linda how dumb she was. If they would have had her around more maybe this family would have made it instead of falling apart Greek tragedy style.

No comments: