pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Friday, March 7, 2008

I've finally figured out what this Vodka Snorting talk is!!!



Ok, so there have been two recent stories involving famous somewhat stupid Brits "snorting vodka" to get "pissed" quicker. Namely Prince Charles and Gargamel Winehouse. At first, when I heard this I thought they were snorting liquor in a way like Steve O would. But the more I read about it, the more I think I know what they are talking about. One of the articles called what they were doing "gas chambers", which reminded me of when I used to bartend and something a fellow bartender would do. I think these stories are not as crazy as they sound. During my nightmare years in the restaurant business, one bartender would make this thing where he put Sambvka in a snifter glass, lit it on fire, then put a wine glass upside down over it. The alcohol gas would get caught in the wine glass. You would then take a straw and suck out the gas. I remember it being more of a joke, and not something one would do as a usual way to consume liquor. I think this is what these two were caught doing. That doesn't make it any less stupid, and if you are doing this to get a buzz quicker, its a pretty good sign that your life is probably going in the wrong direction. Making alcohol consumption into something very similar to a crack pike speaks for itself.

No comments: