pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Vampire Weekend Sucks!!!!




I have officially decided that Vampire Weekend sucks. I do like singing "out of Cape cod, out of Cape cod tonight," but I can get over that. And NO... it is not because Vampire is all over MTV and TRL. And Yes... I have heard about them way before any of you ...snifffffffff(thats the sound of me smelling my own farts). As much as people are blowing loads over them for being some great example of what a overpriced Liberal Arts education can produce, I just don't hear it. Ok the African Pop thing is kind of cool, but they don't rock and I think they sound more like Phish and bad Paul Simon than a good indie band pushing the boundaries of new sounds. Further, when I hear the "Kids Don't Stand a Chance" I think of Sting, then Trudy, then the off button. I know they are way smarter than me, but I don't want to be reminded of it. Do you hear that Hipsters? I don't want to be reminded about how much smarter and cooler you are than me!!!!!

No comments: