pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Yes... This is a Mary J. Blige Post

Mary J. Blige may be very far from the type of music I tend to listen to, but I can't help but like her and her music. She brings it each time she drops a song. My girlfriend likes Mary J, so I tend to hear the songs in the background while I waste away in front of my computer. "Family Affair," the U2 "One" cover, "Be Without You," and the new one "Just Fine" are great R&B tracks. Plus, Mary is a Montell, Maury, Ricki Lake, and Oprah episode all wrapped up in one. She does tend to carry over to the shrieking side of singing, but she makes up for all of it by referring to herself in first person. Check out the remix of "Just Fine" it's awesoooooome.


Man these last couple posts kind of suck-

1 comment:

x said...

She does tend to carry over to the shrieking side of singing, but she makes up for all of it by referring to herself in first person.

hahaha you're so right. and her version of One almost makes me a U2 fan.

-- Andrea