pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!!!



The video is pretty long, but it gives you the idea. I couldn't get the Anderson Cooper coverage of this. I have seen a bunch of April fools jokes on the Internet today. Rick Rolled, Virgin's trip to Mars, and even Katie Holmes new haircut that makes her look like her husband. But, I think this one is my favorite. A group of Wisconsin teenagers were suspended from school when video surfaced of a party where the teens were drinking out of red cups. There was no evidence of alcohol-only the cups. To prank the administration, students from the same school threw a Root Beer Kegger with 90 students. The police showed up and gave every one of the students a breathilizer. They all passed of course. They were trying to make the point that not all high school kids have to drink to have a good time, and school administrators should not assume that cups have beer in them. OK, I totally disagree with both of those statements, but anytime you make the police look stupid and waste time and money on something so ridiculous, you will at least get a post on my site.

No comments: