pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lollapalooza line up partially revealed


Stereogum has some more additions to this years Lollapalooza. I don't get why rage Against The Machine is on the bill. I have never really been a fan of Rages music. I like them, and the bands concept, I'm just not crazy about the music.  They probablly didn't want to be accused of repeating the 07 Pitchfork Music Festival ( which is exactly what Lollapalooza 08 looks to be doing). I like that Grizzly Bear will follow Radiohead to the festival. They are an opening act on Radioheads tour. Girl Talk is also included. Greg is firmly establishing himself as one of those festival acts, that plays every big festival all summer. I am also excited about the Go Team!, Bloc Party, and the Chicago Hip-Hop team of the Cool Kids and Kid Sister ( If only Flosstradamus and Lupe Fiasco were included). Go here for the rest of the details. All in all it looks to be a pretty good weekend. 

No comments: