pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Friday, April 18, 2008

OK I Get It There Is A Penis In Forgetting Sarah Marshall


It makes me nervous that all I am hearing about is a full frontal male nudity scene in the new Judd Apatow movie Forgetting sarah Marshall. I am a fan of most of the post-teen raunchterpieces that Apatow has made in the last couple of years, but it makes me think that this one may be kind of weak if the pre-release publicity blitz is based on the fact that Jason Segel shows his wang. Is this really the best reason they can come up with to get people to go to see the movie? Rickie Van Veen has given the movie the thumbs up, so if it is good enough for College Humor then it could possibly be good enough for me. I don find it kind of amusing that if a schlong is in a comedy movie it gets an R rating, but if it is in an arty movie, a drama, or an erotic thriller (the trashiest and often campiest of movies) the movie is NC-17. I guess the negative effect that unabashed male anatomy has on on the youth of the nation, all depends on the context it is exposed in. Makes sense huh. Defamer has a post chronicalling male nudity in honor of Segels risk as an actor. It was rumored that Segel spoke to Ewan McGregor and Harvey Kietel to get tips on perfecting the full monty. Well not really, but that would have been funny.

No comments: