pop culture, pittsburgh, and potpouri

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Have Found My New Ringtone!!!


A wall-mounted gadget designed to drive away loiterers with a shrill, piercing noise audible only to teens and young adults has been developed and sold to almost 1,000 United States business owners. The gadget has been dubbed the "Mosquito" because of the buzzing sound that it makes in young adults ears. I have found my new ringtone! It only works on young adults becasue they still have the sensitive hairs in their ear, yet to be destroyed by loud music. I would seriously consider buying one of these for myself, and taking it to the mall or an Avril Lavigne concerts just to fuck with tweens. They should also consider taking this thing to Mexico and Australia to help battle Punk on Emo hate crimes. I do have to say that when you are young you don't have much to do, so "hanging out" is what you live for. Now the Mosquito is interfering with kids ability to do nothing. Some Civil Rights groups are saying this interferes with young adults rights to ummm.... I guess hang out. Others are saying that the Mosquito is a dangerous and cruel form of punishment, and it should not be in the hands of private business owners. The American Civil Liberties Union says it does not have a position on it, which says a lot. Hey, as long as the effects don't go farther than a person's private property, and there are no long or short term health concerns, I don't see a problem with it. I am sure that I will be suing someone over this in my law career anyway.

No comments: